In political news, a lot of people think Hillary is roadkill, but I wouldn’t count her out yet. I’d say Obama has a 75% chance of winning, but that pesky 25% for Hillary could sneak up on him. Baring a miracle for Hillary (i.e. winning 99% of the delegates in the remaining state contests), Obama will have more delegates going into the convention. Many pundits, including Dick “I Hate Hillary” Morris, believe there is no way the superdelegates will hand the nomination to the candidate who lost the nationwide showdown. Such a move could alienate a substantial portion of liberal voters, resulting in political suicide. Hillary Clinton, Rush Limbaugh, and I would all be tickled pink with this outcome, but don’t expect to see those stars align again in the near future.
In W&M News, it has come to attention that Marcus Epstein has written an article recently about all the hullabaloo that’s been goin’ down. For those of you who don’t know Marcus, politically speaking he’s kind of like a young Asian Pat Buchanan. Strange combo. I never got to know Marcus very well at college, mostly due to ideological differences. In any case, check his article here:
I heard a great Chuck Norris joke recently. It goes like this. Ozzy Osborne once bit the head off of a bat. Not to be outdone, Chuck Norris bit the head off of Satan.
Finally, to finish up this post with something classy, I leave you with a few Bill Buckley quotes and some fancy cartoons.
“I believe that the duel between Christianity and atheism is the most important in the world. I further believe that the struggle between individualism and collectivism is the same struggle reproduced on another level.” --from God and Man at Yale
"From now on, enemies who are associated with terrorist activity will not cohabit the globe with the United States of America." Syndicated column, September 14, 2001
Playboy: Don’t most dogmas, theological as well as ideological, crumble sooner or later?
Buckley: Most, but not all.
Playboy: How can you be so sure?
Buckley: I know that my Redeemer liveth.