Monday, February 18, 2008

Plastic Surgery, Day 1

Sup,

So today was the first day of my Plastic Surgery: Wound Repair rotation. I quickly discovered that the rotation wasn't what I was expecting when one of the patients I saw this morning was asked these two questions (I am not making this up):

"What is your bra size? What do you want your bra size to be?"

OK, so I did get to see a good number of burn, wound, and cleft palet patients in clinic today. And most of the breast stuff was breast reconstruction following breast cancer chemo and mastectomy, so it was pretty legit. But still not what was advertised. I hope I get some sutering practice in, I am so rusty. :-P

Tomorrow I have to round on patients at 6:15 am, which means I'll have to get to the hospital at 5:45 to pre-round. Med students don't get parking and the bus doesnt' start running until 6am, so this means I'll have to start walking at about 5:20. Highly suboptimal!

Peace out, homies.

No comments: